Hmm this is weird, here is the complete text...

Hi,

I recently updated from v17 to v18 under Ubuntu 10.10 because I had occasional
hang-ups with 0.17.Now I can not see downloaded gps tracks anymore.
Saving takes forever and creates huge files (several Gb for small areas).
I even recompiled 0.18-dev-120-g1fcf43a with same result.
In the saved file, it seems many trackpoint tags are opened and not closed
until the end of the file. Spaces are also inserted making the file so big.

see sample file here (7kb):
http://osm.totor.ph/test.mdc.zip

Reinstalling version 17 solves the problem.

Has anybody else noticed this?

Cheers,

Totor