I have two computers - a 200Mhz Pentium MMX, and a 400Mhz Pentium II. Also,
the PII is left on 24 hours a day, while the P5 is used during the day and is
only left on sometimes during the night. Currently both run LL tests. I was
wondering, if it would be possible and more efficient to have my P5 factor
exponents and then have the PII do LL tests on them if no factor is found. Can
the P5 go above and beyond what's already been factored by others (is there a
limitation in the Prime95 software) and would the chances of finding a factor
(and thus saving a whole LL test on the PII) be better than just using both
for LL tests?
Thanks.
STL