At 03:43 PM 3/11/99 -0300, Nicolau C. Saldanha wrote:

>I think the first big problem is not time, but space.

No, time will be the limiting factor for testing M(n).  I have 320
megabytes, so if you devote 300 megs to data, I have enough space to test
M(1,200,000,000).  I certainly don't have enough time to test that.  The
space required is a linear function of n whereas the time required is at
least a quadratic function of n, so the time requirement grows much more
rapidly than the space requirement.