At 06:15 PM 3/14/99 -0800, Scott Kurowski wrote:

>I can say, loosely, that the 'T-sequence' primality test is actually a
>family of four related complementary algorithms performed in series,
>any of which can reject a number as composite, but if all four pass
>the number is supposedly prime.

This reminds me of the primality test used by Maple.

"It returns false if n is shown to be composite within one strong
pseudo-primality test and one Lucas test and returns true otherwise.  If
isprime returns true, n is ``very probably'' prime  .... No counter example
is known and it has been conjectured that such a counter example must be
hundreds of digits long. "

So one strong PSP test and one Lucas test *seems* to work, but it hasn't
been proven to always work and no counterexamples are known.