Calling the 800 number is almost certainly not a good idea.

The fact that they have an 800 number setup indicates this is not
"accidental spam" from a newbie who is unaware of the rules for good
relations with potential customers on the Internet..

They will probably use your call to confirm that you are receiving the spam,
and may attempt to obtain further demographic information over the phone.
They can then market your email address to other spammers for a good price.

DejaNews has a service which provides an email address for use with USENET
groups. You send messages to the your favorite group with that special From:
address. DejaNews scans all incoming email to their special email domain for
spam, and deletes it. I have not actually used, so cannot say how effective
it is. They claim they make extensive efforts to spot and eliminate
spammers.