> Intel built a hardware RNG onto the chip which is used
> in the process of psuedo-encrypting this value.  Not sure about the details,
> but I'm pretty sure it's just picking up thermal noise.

Does anyone know if those con men with the video cameras and the three
lava lamps are still in business? I find no end to the wonder at how
brainwashed the computer hardware purchasing public can be when there
are otherwise reasonable people willing to lay out ten large for a
result you can get just as reliably by jamming a dime's worth of
hardware
into an otherwise unused serial port.