Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help clear up a question for me.

Is there a Unix prime search app that does what Primes95 does ?
The graphical front end isn't needed, just the ability to configure
it, and it run happily in the background with little need for
manual interaction other than some way of finding out the status of
the searching.

There are 3 SunOS workstations in this office that sit doing little
more than reading and displaying files - so they can be kept busy
testing for primes.

Having looked at the various sites and archives the above question
doesn't appear to be answered - or I'm blind.

Two workstations are SunOS Release 4.1.4, and one is SunOS 4.1.2.
We don't have GCC installed, but can install it if necessary.

Please can someone point me in the direction of more help.

Thanks in advance (and apologies if this is wasting your time),

Luke