On Tue, 2 Feb 1999, David N. Moreno (El Guapo) wrote:
> Hi All,
>
>   I am having a software problem(GIMPS), and am hoping somebody has had a
> similar expierience.  I have a 486 DX4-100 running linux (Slackware,
> kernel 2.0.34, 16 meg of RAM) and I cant get either of the linux versions
> available to work on my machine.
<Lots snipped>
I have essentially the same problem, mprime segfaults on a 486, I tried
with both Slackware 3.5.0 and RedHat 5.2, exact same library and kernel
versions as the ones in the pentium machines I run mprime on.

My "solution" has been to use that machine for ecmnet instead.  (and as a
fax machine, that's why it's always running:)

--
Henrik Olsen,  Dawn Solutions I/S
URL=http://www.iaeste.dk/~henrik/