Sander Hoogendoorn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> This page also shows that the number of inactive accounts is
raising
> harder then the active accounts.

I'm not totally surprised at this. So long as the number of active
accounts keeps rising, we aren't in trouble. Especially as the
average power of computers keeps rising.

Probably most of the "drop outs" are people who have a single PC
which is now getting older & so less able to cope with the longer
assignments which are now the order of the day.

> Since the last newsletter was from may
> 22 (or did i miss one?) it might be a good idea for a new one to wake
> all these people because not all people who are testing are members of
> this mailing list

Are you volunteering to write one?

Good point, actually. If a significant number of users have dropped
out because assignments now take so much longer, perhaps they
should be made aware of the relatively new "double checking"
project. My guess is that the accounts which have recently
become "inactive" are the people who were giving up just before
V17 became available.

Could I suggest that we mail (just once) all the inactive accounts
with an announcement of V17, and the consequent release of
relatively small exponents for double-checking. PrimeNet should
have the e-mail addresses of these people. If we could attract 10%
of these people back into the project, it would be worthwhile.