I checked out an exponent tonight using the manual testing forms... My account
report says
that the exponent should be done in 183 days, but that it expires in 120 days. Is this
normal, because it dosen't sound right.

     Just out of curiosity, has GIMPS shown any hit in performance since SETI@Home
started? I thought about switching projects, but stayed here because I figured SETI
whould have enough people and I didn't like the way it wasted cycles when the
screensaver wasen't running.

    The kindof sad part of GIMPS is that since we live in a universe of finite time,
and primes are _infinite_ we can never even claim to have found even one millionth of
one percent, much less all of them. With SETI@Home, once contact is made (if ever) its
all over. At least we know we will never run out of work!

    As far as the reward for finding a new primes goes, if my slow K6 actualy finds
one, George Woltman and Scott Kurowski will be getting at least $10,00 of it each...
if not more, because really, they did all the work. I only spent 3 or 4 minutes
downloading and installing the program.

As Spike Jones said in his lithiverse...
"Thank you very much, Lucas and Lehmer. May you and all GIMPSers live for all eternity
in mathematical nerdvana. Good night {8^D spike"

I coulden't have said it better my self (or anywhere close for that matter) and indeed
good night, its nearly 1 in the morning :)

Good Luck Everyone!!!!!

---Aaron  Schauf---
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
ICQ# 3491535
*Insert good quote here* :)

Free web-based email, anytime, anywhere!
ZDNet Mail - http://www.zdnetmail.com