Here at the University of Michigan, there are computer labs with Dell
Pentium II systems running Windows NT 4.0. Each student has a little
online file space connected to the Sun login machines; I believe it uses
the Andrew File System (AFS). This file space is made available as a
network drive on the Windows NT systems, and can be used as an ordinary
drive by most Windows programs.

But when I try to run Prime95 directly from a directory in my online file
space, I get this error message:

"The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000022). Click on OK
to terminate the application."

Sometimes the program starts without error, but usually I get the message
above, and so to get ECM work done while I'm at the computer lab I have
to create a directory on the hard drive and move everything back when I'm
done, which is inconvenient. Does anyone know what the problem might be?

David A. Miller
Rumors of my existence have been greatly exaggerated.