I hacked up a quick TI-92 factoring program. It is slower than I wanted. :-(
It's "testing" 2^25,000,009 - 1 right now. It can test one factor every 1.3
seconds. AUGH! At that rate it would take 95 *billion* years to trial divide
by all odd numbers under 2^62. Noooo.
However, a semi-reasonable task would be to test numbers for factors up to
2^16. Pitiful, I know, but a TI could test a single number in 12 hours
(running constantly - hah, no multitasking here). So, I have two questions:
A) Where would the numbers start that haven't been factored at ALL, to ANY
extent?
B) To Mr. Woltman or Mr. Kurowski - how "useful" would factoring (most likely
very large) exponents to only 2^16 be? Or have "real" computers already
quickly scanned very high for such small factors?

S.T.L.
Who wishes TI-92s came with 500MHz processors.