Hi all,

At 05:16 PM 6/27/99 -0700, Robert Clark wrote:
>Well, the EFF has always struck me as a reasonable sort of
>organization, not prone to arbitrariness.

To keep everyone up-to-date:

The Fibonacci Quarterly, an academic refereed journal, is willing
to carry an article.  This should satisfy EFF's requirements.

Now that I know what journal we are publishing in, I submitted
the official claim with EFF today.  Assuming they respond that the claim
is all in order, then we should be able to announce shortly thereafter.
The EFF can't pay until after publication, but EFF has never said that
GIMPS can't announce earlier.  Fibonacci Quarterly has no problem with
us announcing before publication.

The only fly in the ointment is EFF's rule 4F "...submit a citation and
abstract of a published paper...".  They could argue that my submitted claim
which references an upcoming issue of Fibonacci Quarterly is not a published
(past tense) paper and I should resubmit the claim once it is published.

Keep your fingers crossed,
George