Mersenne Digest       Wednesday, August 4 1999       Volume 01 : Number 609

Date: Tue, 03 Aug 1999 12:57:28 -0400
From: Jud McCranie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Mersenne: error 12029

This may have been answered before, but I got Primenet error 12029 when
connecting manually.  What is this?

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 3 Aug 1999 11:36:29 -0700
From: "Joth Tupper" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Mersenne: error 12029

Same here, I think the messages are not getting through.  This is
intermittant so I think that any of the usual suspects could apply (server
down, server too busy, weather too nice....)

I think of this the way I thought of GPF's under Windows 3.0:  "Oh,
###%^&#!!"

Found this in the FAQ (hey, I did not think to look either until I saw your
question):

<<What does PrimeNet error 12029 mean?

Can't find PrimeNet server. If you are using PrimeNet for the first time
through a proxy server or firewall, check your web browser settings for the
proxy address and port number, and make sure the primenet.ini file settings
match this.  Most often the 'http://' part of the ProxyHost URL is omitted,
or the port # is wrong, or the wrong proxy server is named.

If the error still happens, there may some other issue preventing your
computer from connecting to PrimeNet.  E-mail us at [EMAIL PROTECTED]
about it.>>

Right now I am trying to figure out why one computer (just a P5MMX-166)
locks up every 5 minutes in one room and works fine (10.5 hours since last
boot running mprime95) on my test bench.  Not getting the primenet
connection to work reliably is really confusing.  (Is it real or is it
memo-wrecked?)

Joth