Hi,

For anyone interested, I've placed some more versions of MacLucasUNIX
on my ftp server (ftp://lettuce.edsc.ulst.ac.uk/gimps/software)

There are now additional versions compiled using gcc for Ultra CPUs
(the original file also worked on SuperSparcs) and three executables
compiled by Bill Rea using Sun's own compiler, optimized for
different configurations using Ultra CPUs.

The speed increase is quite marked: on my Ultra 10 (300 MHz Ultra IIi
CPU, 128MB RAM, Solaris 2.6) the generic Sparc code takes 33 mins,
against 25 mins using the Ultra code generated by gcc and only 19
mins against the best of Bill Rea's executables - the time being that
required to execute 5000 iterations using a 256K FFT.