>- A menu item that forces the program to write intermediate data to
>  disk. It is useful, when the user wants to install a new program or

Doesn't stopping work with the escape key or Test/Stop already do
this? You could simply stop and restart work in order to commit
results to the disk.

>- A function which prvents writing to disk for some time. When the user
>  writes a CDr, it sometimes is dangerous, when prime95 writes
>  intermediate results to disk during that time.

If this is a problem on your system, then you could increase the
interval between disk writes to some large value, and then stop and
restart work as above to commit results. I've burned three CD-R discs
at quad speed with my new drive recently, and I haven't had any
problems. It is nice not to have to stop Prime95 for this.

Of course this will depend on how well your computer keeps up with the
stream of data required by the CD-R drive. On a slower computer, a
disk write from Prime95 could theoretically cause a buffer underrun.
The best way to find out is with a test burn. I doubt that Prime95
will cause many problems in this regard.

>- Extended status information
>  -relative speed of the system (e.g. using rolling average)
>  -hours in use
>  -# flops done (calculated)
>  -# iterations done  (total of all exponents)
>  -history: all tested iterations on this machine
>  -processor usage (compared with the unused system

This sounds a little more involved (from a programming standpoint)
that it is worth. But I could be wrong.

Foghorn Leghorn
[EMAIL PROTECTED]