Hi,

At 12:33 PM 9/20/99 +0200, Shot wrote:
>At 8178600th iteration I checked the status window, and it showed
>that Prime95 will be working on this for the next 5 hrs 25 mins...
>
>So, it seemed like 10 mins 10 secs later I will be given the naked
>truth about M8180017. That's like 5 hrs 14 mins 50 secs earlier than
>Prime95 thought...

Prime95 updates this information on a program restart (as you found out)
and every 65536 iterations.  I've fixed it to update this every 128
iterations.

The 18 vs. 24 hours a day info will cause the estimate to be off by 25%
as prime95 assumes the 6 off hours are distributed uniformly throughout
the day.

Keep those bug reports coming,
George