Hi everyone,

Anyone who has data which they wish to make publicly available may
wish to take advantage of my FTP server.

Downloads from the server are already available by anonymous FTP
(ftp://lettuce.edsc.ulst.ac.uk/gimps), I keep copies of many Mersenne-
related programs and also George's database files.

I am afraid I cannot allow anonymous upload. If you wish to upload
data, please mail me & I will supply you with a username and password
which you may use to upload data to your personal filestore. I would
appreciate it if you could indicate what data you are uploading, and
the approximate space requirement.

Notes:

Accounts are provided at my personal discretion. There is no appeal
procedure. I regret that I am unable to provide support for a large
number of users.

All data uploaded will be immediately available for public download.

Mersenne number related data ONLY! (If you're in doubt, _ask me_).

Accounts are provided for personal use only, and provided for ftp
access - upload to the user's personal filestore, and download from
public areas - only. System access will be logged. Any misuse will
result in immediate withdrawal of the account, and removal of any
data associated with the account.

Users agree that they are legally responsible for the content of data
uploaded to their filestore - under UK law, in addition to laws in
force at the user's point of access to the network.

This system is not secure, so keep a secure local copy of your data!

At present there is 500 MBytes of filestore available. I may be able
to provide more, if reasonable need becomes apparent.

I may also be able to provide a "mirror" service - where the system
would fetch a predetermined list of files from a remote system at a
fixed time, not more frequently than weekly.