Dear All:

Luke Welsh indicates that he'll be in the San Francisco Bay area
around the end of October and asked me to announce the

SECOND NOT-QUITE-ANNUAL SF BAY MERSENNERS GET-TOGETHER-KIND-OF-DEAL

            (a.k.a. as GIMPS OktoberGeekFest II.1, rev 1)

Of course, any GIMPSer is welcome to attend, whether they live in the
bay area or not. Perhaps other areas of the globe with a high concentration
of GIMPSers could organize their own local local GOGfests - that would be
fun - "you've seen the power of distributed computing, now try distributed
imbibing!" (whichever beverage you prefer, of course - not everyone's a
beer aficionado like Luke and me).

We've settled on a date of Friday, 29 October for the festivities.

In an attempt to keep the tradition of the first such meeting, our first
choice of venue is the Tied House in Mountain View, whose back patio can
accommodate around 50 persons. Of course, we have no idea how many
might attend, so if you're reasonably certain you'll be coming, please let
me know via private e-mail.

Other possible venues include the Faultline pub (I quake at the thought :) and
Gordon Biersch (perhaps too small), both in Sunnyvale. Other suggestions
for venues are welcome, too.

Looking forward to a fun time,
-Ernst "der Bra"umeister" Mayer