On Mon, Oct 11, 1999 at 12:06:07PM -0500, jason wrote:
> Well, I also downloaded mprime.tar.gz, and I had a slightly different
> problem trying to connect to the PrimeNet server.  To summarize:
>
> mprime.tar.gz v19.0.2:  results in "ERROR: Primenet error 1"
> sprime.tar.gz v19.0.2:  results in "Error 2250: Server unavailable"
> mprime.tar.gz v18.1.2:  No problems.
>
> I wonder why the two versions give different error messages (and why I'm
> getting them at all)?  Anyway, I just compiled mprime from source
> (debugging not enabled), and it's working just fine.  Except for the fact
> that I will not receive credit for my work, since I compiled it myself...
> so much for initiative.  :-)

Indeed - this is the problem I reported a little while ago (again with
sprime, since I don't have glibc 2.1 as yet).  If v19 works faster, I might
as well use it even if I can't currently report results.  My temporary
solution has been to grab 90 days' of work, switch the machines to run as
dialup hosts even if they aren't, and wait for someone else to fix it,
reporting via the web interface if necessary :-)
--
Robin Stevens <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> http://www-astro.physics.ox.ac.uk/~rejs/
 (+44) (0)1865: 273212 (work) 726796 (home) 273275 (fax)  Pager: 0839 629682