At 16:46 10/21/1999 -0700, poke wrote:

>So you want the output of mprime to display on a virtual terminal? Unless
>you are displaying to a virtual terminal your data won't go anywhere, or
>worse someone who connects will see this extraneous data hit their screen
>every once in a while.
>
>You should be able to display to a virtual termina with a simple redirect:
>
>mprime -m > /dev/tty1

First, wouldn't you want to use mprime -d ?  The -m flag simply brings up
the menu.

Secondly, I used to feed the output to a virtual terminal, but decided that
having a hard copy that I could periodically check was better.  I've been
piping all the output to a file, such as  mprime -d
>>/home/GIMPS/tracking.txt.  When it finishes reporting a result, I delete
everything but the result and let mprime continue on to the next LL test
using the same file.

Just my $.02,
Kel