This follows my recent post on this topic.

Maybe, maybe not...

[snip]

>  Finite linear (over rationals)
> combinations of transcendentals will be transcendental but
> this will keep the set with patterns countable.

[snip]

Finite linear combinations of transcendentals MAY be transcendental
but even this statement needs work.  The conclusion that the
number of the beasts  remains countable will stand.

Suppose T is a transcendental with some pattern.

Then 1 + T is transcendental and has (pretty much) the same pattern.

Clearly 1*( 1+ T) +  (-1) * (T) = 1 is a Q-linear combination of
transcendentals which is NOT transcendental.

I think I will go back to sleep.  ...Probably more productive!

JT