On Tue, Nov 02, 1999 at 12:57:13PM -0600, William H. Geiger III wrote:
>These guys are snake-oil vendors. I don't know what type of prime test
>they are claiming to have or not have but from my exposure to their crypto
>claims I wouldn't trust anything from them  without proof.

Remember that snake-oil isn't always deliberate. I just found it amusing
that only a day after reading your message, one person I know (at school)
claimed he had found the ideal way of slashing down file size. He was simply
using DEBUG to reduce the file size (via a simple `rcx / (filesize) / w' or
something along those lines), and then used the same technique to get it
back to `full size'. Amazing...

It took me quite a while to get him to show me this `amazing technique'.
He claimed there was nothing wrong with it (just let me wipe the empty
space on that diskette, please? ;-) ), and he was actually planning on
selling it...

Does this situation ring a bell? ;-)

/* Steinar */
--