Hello, Mersenners;

First of all, let me say that it is a thrill to be helping in the GIMPS.
Getting more computing power for the search is the main reason my new
linux system is a dual Celeron rather than a single.

If all I ever do is LL tests of non-primes, that will be fine. That
helps the cause, and I have no expectation of finding a prime.

But finding a factor (or another factor) of a Mersenne number would seem
more real.

Is there any significant probability that two 500 MHz Celerons and one
333 MHz Celeron could accomplish such a feat in a couple of years?

Just thought I'd ask.

Thanks for any help,

Gerry
--