----- Original Message -----
From: Lucas Wiman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> I think under windows that dos windows only run when they are "up".
> (I could be wrong, I've stopped using windows again)

No. You can set a background priority. In Win 95, right-click on the icon,
then click "Properties".  Click on the "Misc" tab and move the slider for
"Idle Priority" anywhere you want between Low and High. Click "OK".

If I'm going to be away from a machine for a while, I quite often set a "B"
priority task running in a Ubasic window and minimise it, then run an "A"
priority task running in an active window.  That way, I ensure that the
machine won't be idle if the "A" task completes before my return.  The
downside is the reduction in resources available to the "A" task while
both are running.

HTH,
Andy Steward

Factorisations of  57,619 Generalised Repunits at:
<http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~aads/index.html>