On Thu, Mar 02, 2000 at 02:01:24PM -0500, St. Dee wrote:
>Am I creating any security risks by running mprime on the firewall box?

You shouldn't, since mprime doesn't deal with server sockets (only the
occasional HTTP traffic to PrimeNet) at all. The only problem I can think
of, is that it eats a chunk of your RAM, so a DoS attack would probably
be slightly easier (at least if somebody can connect 10000 times to your
FTP socket, and inetd fires up a new ftpd dæmon for every new socket).

I run it on a 486sx/16 (24MB RAM, though) just fine, and that machine
serves 30000 proxy requests (HTTP) a day :-)

/* Steinar */
--
Homepage: http://members.xoom.com/sneeze/