Hi all,

        It is well past time to give the GIMPS web pages a facelift.  HTML,
banners, and graphics are not my area of expertise.  I made a first draft
of a new look and feel - let me know what you think (either to the list or
by private e-mail).  Visit

        http://www.mersenne.org/newhtml/prime.htm

                        and

        http://www.mersenne.org/newhtml/status.htm

Some questions for you folks include:

1)  Is this an improvement?

2)  Can someone come up with a spiffier banner?

3)  Any suggestion on using more color (yet still look good given
the black and white picture of our hero Marin Mersenne)?

4)  Is this too slow to download?  Would you rather not have the
mouse rollover feature (it adds to the .gif files downloaded).

5)  Would you rather I use frames so the menu does not scroll?

6)  Is the link to hitbox at the very bottom too annoying?  (I get free
web stats by using this).

7)  I'll work on the site contents this week.  Is there any missing info
from the current web site that doesn't fit into one of the proposed
categories?

8)  Any other comments?

Thanks for the feedback,
George