Steinar H. Gunderson wrote:
>On Tue, Apr 18, 2000 at 02:32:01PM -0700, John R Pierce wrote:
>>actually, I believe its done with client side JavaScript.
>
>Anyways, it doesn't work in NS, and NS _invented_ JS ;-)

That's because the way MS wrote the JS...

MS has a variable for the drop-down toolbar menu that's
initialized as false.  They then check to see if the browser
is MSIE, and if it is, changes the variable to true.  If is
isn't, it leaves it as false, and the drop-down toolbar isn't
displayed...

BTW, MS also claims it isn't displayed because of a bug in NS,
which isn't true, since they don't check and change the variable
if NS (or any other browser) is used...

>From MS' JS:
var ToolBar_Supported = false;

if (navigator.userAgent.indexOf("MSIE")    != -1 &&
        navigator.userAgent.indexOf("Windows") != -1 &&
        navigator.appVersion.substring(0,1) > 3)
{
        ToolBar_Supported = true;
}