>From: "Dave Mullen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: Mersenne: M(M(19))
>Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 11:34:37 +0800
>
>I was wondering about M(M(19)) ...
>
>If there are an infinite number on Mersenne Primes, then by the "infinite
>monkeys at infinite typewriters" theory, M(M(19)) could actually contain a
>complete copy of the code for the "I Love You" virus. This would explain
>all Brian and Henrik's resent posts, AND the hard disk resonance problems.

Um, this is quite improbible given that M(M(19)) is quite finite in size -
almost certainly less than a quarter of the size of the number you're
testing - , and, like any Mersenne number, is a repunit.

As a side note, BTW, it's almost certainly the largest double-mersenne to
have been LL tested.

>Forgive me, I just checked my inbox and had 47 new mails - I thought one
>might have been a job offer (damn) !
>
>Dave

Yeah, that gets annoying - I've been looking for a job for the better part
of a year myself.

Nathan