Michael Bell wrote:

> ...back to your 37pence/MHz figure.  Also note memory prices have gone up, so
> 32M now costs about £40-50!!  Maybe this is the first time in recent history
> the price of a computer has stabilised??

Hmm, dont think so.  I was over at Fry's electronics this morning.  The 400 MHz
machines like the one I paid 2400 bucks for less than 2 yrs ago with the same
amount of memory was selling for 300 bucks.   Which I think is about 200 pounds?

The 2000-2300 dollar machines are all 1 Ghz now.  Computer prices look to
me to be as much in freefall as ever.  spike