Will Prime95 be rewritten to run on the Itanium, when it comes out?  Seems to
 me like 64-bit operation will speed it up significantly, as will the insane
 amount of registers and floating point units and all the other
microprocessor
 whatnot that I'm not current on.  A review (thanks, Stefan Struiker!) of the
 Itanium mentions, "The CPU will then switch to 32-bit mode on the fly and
 carry on as if it were a more powerful PIII or Willamette. This all happens
 because the Itanium supports the IA-32 instructions natively.... All
software
 has to be rewritten to take advantage of the IA-64 architecture."  So
Prime95
 will run on an Itanium, but a "Prime64" might be even better and wickedly
 faster.  With what I'm learning about programming, it seems that more
 registers are always a good thing, especially for memory-intensive processes.

 STL