>I'd say 42 degrees is a little hot. I think I've heard numbers saying that
>50 is critical, and at 60, your CPU simply won't work anymore. My own
>usually runs at 28 or 29, even though the fan isn't especially good. The
>extreme overclockers get it down to -40 or even -50 :-)

I run an ABIT BP-6 with dual Celeron 433's running at 507, both have Golden
Orb's fitted. Temperature varies from 39-45 for the cpus and from 45-51 for
the case. CPU temperature is measured via a probe touching the underside of
the chip. As for getting a chip down to -40 or even -50, you can get a chip
*too* cold you know, then it also stops working properly......

regards