>Marc Getty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wondered previously
>
>How does the CPU time contributed get calculated? I would assume that
>there is a
>standard credit for each FFT size, but I can't find what that credit is
>anywhere
>on mersenne.org.
>
>Can anyone help fill in the following?

Taking the data from the status page on mersenne.org where it gives timings
per fft size per iteration, taking the mid-point exponent for each fft size
and then multiplying by the 5.5 conversion factor that George quotes gives
the following

FFT    Exponent         Credit (P90 years)
160     2972750 0.043
192     3612500 0.062
224     4266500 0.089
256     4924000 0.113
320     5882500 0.177
384     7122500 0.262
448     8375000 0.368
512     9670000 0.474
640     11575000        0.751
768     14050000        1.110
896     16560000        1.548
1024    19125000        2.001
1280    22865000        3.094
1536    27715000        4.515
1792    32600000        6.328
2048    37675000        8.056
2560    45075000        12.861
3072    54650000        18.967
3584    64200000        26.648
4096    74150000        33.675

And yes there are a few of us using fft's in excess of 1792, like up in the
4096 range.....so when my exponent gets done in 2004 I should get about 36
years of credit in one hit  <G>

regards