Mersenne Digest       Thursday, October 26 2000       Volume 01 : Number 787

Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2000 19:49:59 +0200 (CEST)
From: Henrik Olsen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Mersenne: Exponent already completed?

What probably happened is that the exponent was first assigned to another,
whose machine didn't check in in 60 days, which meant the exponent got
reassigned to you.
The original machine then finished the check and send in the result.

You don't need to do anything, once your machine finish it'll send in the
result and you'll get credited with a doublecheck and the full CPU time.

On Thu, 19 Oct 2000, Siegmar Szlavik wrote:
> Hi,
>
> same problem here... exponent 10590059. Working on it since 3 weeks or so.
> Is it safe to leave the machine untouched, ignore the error messages and
> let it finish the exponent or do I have to make some changes to the .ini files
> to be sure the server doesn't reject the exponent when the work is done?
>
> Siegmar
>
> > One of my machines just dropped off my assigned machine list. Also
> > that machine is saying "ERROR 11" Exponent already completed.
> >
> > How did this happen? This machine has been working on this exponent
> > for two weeks.
> >
> > The exponent is 10544533. I checked the competed exponent list and
> > the user "LAKE_COMMS" claims to have completed it on Oct 5th.

- --
Henrik Olsen,  Dawn Solutions I/S       URL=http://www.iaeste.dk/~henrik/
    "'Chapter Fifteen, Elementary Necromancy'", she read out loud.
    "'Lesson One: Correct Use of Shovel...'"
                                            Terry Pratchett, Jingo