Hi:

After some delays, here is Glucas 2.0. Now I think it  is stable enough
to try complete Lucas-Lehmer test from PRIMENET (using manual forms, of
course). You can download the package from E.W.MAYER server (thanks
Ernst):

        ftp://209.133.33.182/pub/valor/Glucas-2.0.tar.gz

You can read more about Glucas in

        ftp://209.133.33.182/pub/valor/README.Glucas.htm

The performance is near Mlucas when it is well tuned. It can be a good
chance to extent GIMPS and Lucas-Lehmer test to platforms with good
C-compilers but no expensive f90 ones.

The actual release is, at the moment, for the UNIX/Linux world and all
its variants. For x86 users, of course, you should use mprime (Glucas is
about 65% of performance with respect mprime), but Glucas can be used
for Double-Check proposes.

Some remarkable features of this release are:
        -It uses the Interchangeable Mersenne Residue File Format to save
files. We can use the save files in most of the systems (and they are
very compacted). Nevertheless, it has backward compatibility for Will
Edgington rw() routines used in MacLucasUNIX.
        -There is no problem with accuracy. Glucas adjust the FFT runlength
size at run time whether the roundoff error are too high.
        -It is coded using intensively C-macro facilities. It is relatively
easy to write small assembler macros to speed it up (as made for x86's
GNU/gcc compiler ).

There are still no precompiled binaries. I think soon will be binaries
for Alpha-Osf (ev56, ev6). Thus, you have to make the binary :(. We need
some Unix's GURUs to make the binaries as fast as possible. You can read
in the documentation how to test and timing Glucas.

Any help, feedback or suggestion is welcome.

Regards

Guillermo.