Mersenne Digest      Wednesday, January 17 2001      Volume 01 : Number 809

Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 11:06:08 -0600
From: "Griffith, Shaun" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Are the list archives still kept somewhere?

If not, does it make sense to move the list to a space that does?

Recently the primenumbers list moved to egroups, for example. I don't know
if that will satisfy our needs, or if there are other options. However, I
haven't been able to search the archives in the usual places for posts more
recently than February '98 (http://www2.netdoor.com/~acurry/mersenne/) or
August '98 (http://www.scruz.net/~luke/archives/digest/). The New Zealand
mirror page has been moved or removed.

My personal archives go back to about January '98, though I haven't checked
through them for completeness.

It would be a shame if recent postings such as Peter-Lawrence Montgomery's
excellent discourse on carry propagation remained lost to newcomers (and old
hats who have purged their mail).
I was just hoping to start a discussion on the state of the list archive.

- -Shaun