On 21 Feb 2001, at 11:24, Lukasz Slachciak wrote:

> After your question I've checked it on my Windows 2000 (on Duron 700,
> Motherboard AK33). It works correctly, but there is one strange thing. When
> I turned power on, after hibernation, the prime 95 showed message:
> Iteration.....Per Iteration Time: -52,792 sec. Next iteration times were
> showed correctly. I don't know why the time is lower then zero. Maybe
> somebody know?

Same thing happens on my laptop if I force it to suspend e.g. by
deliberately running down the battery. Note that it you leave a
laptop running 24x7 on mains power, the battery will die fairly
quickly - it needs to be discharged & recharged occasionally if it is
going to stay healthy.

I guess the CPU cycle counters get set to zero, so when the last
saved value is subtracted from it, the result is negative. After the
first line following wake-up, everything is normal.

The residues obtained by continuing the run through the suspend
operation appear to be as good as any others ...