On Sat, Oct 07, 2000 at 01:48:18PM +0200, Nacho wrote:
>I am in "Seti At Home" proyect at the same time that in GIMPS.
>
>And there is a new version of "Seti at home" that improves the FFT performance
>by 60%, using new algorithms.
>
>Maybe the new algorithm were useful for GIMPS?

The `new algorithm' was just (as far as I know) another implementation
of the FFT. The original SETI client had (has?) rather slow FFTs,
however Prime95 uses the fastest FFTs ever made for the i386 (for _any_
CPU?). So it is highly unlikely that the Ooura algorithms would help us
any.

/* Steinar */
--
Homepage: http://members.xoom.com/sneeze/