One of my machines is acting up.  Testing in the 10.6 millions on a
350 MHz Pii, so I would expect iteration times about in the mid 4s,
such as 0.44 seconds.  I was getting interation times about twice
that, even tho I had everything turned off, restarted etc.  Then I
went into task manager (windoze 98), killed a process called
shadow, iteration times sped up to around .6 seconds for a few
minutes then settled back to mid .8s again.  Its almost like there
is another invisible process running at the same level as GIMPS.
Could there be a virus that is stealing about half my spare cycles?
spike