On Sun, Mar 25, 2001 at 10:13:40PM -0800, John R Pierce wrote:

> which atomic clock would that be?  The US Naval Observatory master clock?
> http://tycho.usno.navy.mil/time.html   probably has contact info.  my local
> server time is referenced to a time server that is a few stratums removed
> from USNO time, my time seems to stay within about 50mS of USNO at all
> times.

Strange that this subject should be brought up here, I noticed something
in my logs a day or so ago where my machine was 4-5 minutes different from
a server that I was using, can't remember weather it was mail, news or
mersenne.  Every time I connect to the net (probably five to six times per
day), my machine synchronises its self with a time server in Manchester,
North West England.  So I know that my machine isn't wrong.

--
Cheers
Steve              email mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

web http://www.zeropps.uklinux.net/

or  http://start.at/zero-pps

  1:07pm  up 53 days, 13:50,  2 users,  load average: 1.00, 1.00, 1.00