Hi:

A new version of Glucas has been released. You can download the new
version source at sourceforge

        http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/glucas/Glucas-2.8a.tar.gz

I will also be uploading precompiled binaries when possible. You can see
all the files at

        https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles_php?group_id=24518

The new features from v.2b are:

        -Some improvements in computing the physical address from logical
addresses. It speed Glucas up about 3-5%.

        -The old option Y_MINIMUM to compute only the basic power of twiddle
factors has been optimized and it can save some additional 3-5% for some
machines.

        -The code has been prepared to begin the introduction of prefecth
hints. At the moment we only can enjoy with pentium3 and Athlon prefetch
features. It has improved the performance more than 15%. As example, for
Athlons Glucas v2.8a with roundoff check activated is as fast as mprime
v.20.6 with roundoff active. (the penalty to use the roundoff in Glucas
is only 2-4%). Obviously, last improvements introduced by G. Woltman in
his last 21.1 version make mprime faster :).

         -Selftest now has the roundoff check active during first 50
iterations. The second half of selftest has roundoff check disabled. So
we can see the timings with both options.

For some additional information you can visit

        http://glucas.sourceforge.net/

I would like to give public acknowledgments to all people who has help
me making this release possible. Special thanks to B.J. Beesley, Tom
Cage and Klaus Kastens by their suggestions and QA work.

Regards.

Guillermo.

--
Guillermo Ballester Valor