Russel Brooks wrote:

> I've been with GIMPS for about two years and yesterday achieved
> a personal milestone; I finally broke thru the 1000 barrier and
> made it to 996 on the top producers list. Each step forward is
> getting smaller and smaller though; I think I'm approaching the
> knee of the curve and will eventually start going backwards.
>
> ID: rlbrooks
> 866MHz P3 & 450MHz P2 (& 133MHz P1 doing factoring)

Was glad to hear that you seem likely to keep moving forward for a
while.

I have been playing here for almost 3 years, and have been
in the 500's or 600's for a while. I have a P166 factoring,
a PIII-650 double-checking (it's at work, and I don't want
to share the fame and glory of finding a new prime with my
employer). At home, I just upgraded a dual Celeron 500MHz
to dual P-III 1GHz, and a Celeron 333MHz to P-IV 1.3GHz,
so I should crack the 500 barrier among top producers fairly
soon. After that I may have one of my dual processors work on
something else (if that speeds up the other significantly).

Great fun, ain't it?

Gerry

--
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]