I have been wanting to do that number theory conference in Monterey.
Perhaps invite the number theorists to join us?

Alternate suggestion:  have a small gathering of the locals at the
Tied House in Mountain View some weekday evening the week
after Thanksgiving, and do still get together at the Monterey
math schmooze?  spike