I have a new laptop which has some problems. First I ran tartest (a program I
wrote which repeatedly untars the kernel source and compares the results) and
found that one memory module is bad and the other is good. Next I found that
when it compiles Linux, the result doesn't work. So I copied mprime (static
version) from my desktop box which is running it, ran a stress test, and
within a few minutes got "Trace/breakpoint trap" and it quit. This is running
the kernel on the CD, not the one I compiled which doesn't work. What does
that mean?

phma