George told me that he has confirmed that Visual C++ 7.0 is bringing in
this dependency, but that he didn't see an immediate way to get rid of
it.  Based on my very limited experience with VC++ 6.0, I would guess that
going to Project->Settings->Link and taking out "oleacc.lib" ( if it is
there ) would keep VC++ 7.0 from compiling with dependency on
"oleacc.dll".  However, this is also likely to prevent it from compiling at
all.  But, maybe the errors that come up would be helpful in figuring out
what needs to be removed to eliminate the dependency.

Brian Beesley wrote:
>Weird.
>
>Is there any way of removing the dependency? (Other than O/S upgrade or
>replacement...) I know WIn 95 is now officially obsolete, but I guess there
>must be more than a few copies still in use.
>
>Well done, Nick, for finding that workaround!
>
>Regards
>Brian Beesley

Nick Glover
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Computer Science, Clemson University

"It's good to be open-minded, but not so open that your brains fall out." -
Jacob Needleman