> Jeffrey Ketchersid wrote:
>
> Hi,
>     I have a computer that is always failing the stress test.  It is a
> 1.3Ghz Athlon running Windows ME.  It has a heatsink and a fan inside
> the case.  How can I fix it?

This is not too helpful, but you need to find the defective component
and replace it.

RAM, motherboard, and CPU are the likely culprits, in decreasing
probability.

MEMTEST86 (do a web search) may help determine the problem.

Good luck, and welcome to the hunting of the prime.

Gerry

--
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Gerry Snyder, AIS Symposium Chair and Director, Region 15 RVP