Mersenne Digest         Friday, July 11 2003         Volume 01 : Number 1081

Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2003 10:03:56 +0300
From: "Oleg V.Cat" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Mersenne: PrimeNet server unavailable?

Hello Robin Stevens <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>!

In <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
on 07/09/03
at 09:58 AM,
   Robin Stevens <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said: -
- -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -

>Anyone else having trouble reaching the PrimeNet server?  Several of my
>clients have been unable to check in for several days, although some did
>manage last night.  At the moment it looks as though the clients are
>attempting TCP port 80 connections to 66.45.51.160 (no rDNS), which fail.

Hmm... MB this is an answer:

What does PrimeNet error 12002 mean?

     The message forwarding process at Entropia is down. Version 21
clients and earlier sends messages to entropia.com which are then
forwarded to mersenne.org. Version 22 clients and later send messages
directly to mersenne.org. The best solution is to get version 22 or later.
Alternatively, you can wait for Entropia's message forwarding process to
be restarted which can take several days.

(I personally also get error No.1, not 12002, but I have some clients
without possibility to change them from v18 :-( )

- --
\____Cat
/\  /\
"Oleg V.Cat" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

------------------------------

On Wed, Jul 09, 2003 at 10:03:56AM +0300, Oleg V.Cat wrote:
> Hmm... MB this is an answer:
>
> >----------------------------------------
> What does PrimeNet error 12002 mean?
>
>      The message forwarding process at Entropia is down. Version 21
> clients and earlier sends messages to entropia.com which are then
> forwarded to mersenne.org. Version 22 clients and later send messages
> directly to mersenne.org. The best solution is to get version 22 or later.
> Alternatively, you can wait for Entropia's message forwarding process to
> be restarted which can take several days.
> >----------------------------------------

Thanks - that looks useful.  I'd looked at the entry for 2250 errors
(which are what the clients report) but not seen that one.  I suspect when
I look around I'll find that the clients which are failing to report are
all running v21.  Mass upgrade time!

        Robin

- --
- --------------- Robin Stevens  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> -----------------