Mersenne Digest      Monday, September 15 2003      Volume 01 : Number 1087

Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 09:55:08 -0400
From: Marcel van de Vusse <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Mersenne: Version 23.4

George Woltman wrote:

> More improvements for P4 owners! You can expect up to 9% faster iteration
> times compared to version 23.3! All users doing ECM should also upgrade to
> 23.4.

This message was from May. The web page still lists version 23 as being
beta. Does anybody have any idea when the final release of version 23
will be?

Marcel

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 10:46:22 -0400
From: George Woltman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

At 09:55 AM 8/31/2003 -0400, Marcel van de Vusse wrote:
> > More improvements for P4 owners! You can expect up to 9% faster iteration
> > times compared to version 23.3! All users doing ECM should also upgrade to
> > 23.4.
>
>This message was from May. The web page still lists version 23 as being
>beta. Does anybody have any idea when the final release of version 23
>will be?

I think 23.6 will be the last of the version 23s.  I had hoped to make a
few more
performance improvements for the x86 FFTs, but further improvements
require a lot of coding.