Mersenne Digest      Wednesday, January 14 2004      Volume 01 : Number 1103

Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 20:31:24 +0100
From: Yann Forget <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Mersenne: Prime95 / Mprime on AMD64?

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2004 02:11:04 -0500
From: "Robin Y. Millette" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Mersenne: Error writing intermediate file: rX250423

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2004 03:37:32 -0500
From: "Robin Y. Millette" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2004 09:47:33 +0100
From: Matthias Waldhauer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Mersenne: Prime95 / Mprime on AMD64?

Yann Forget wrote:
 > Hi,
 >
 > I will get a new AMD64 box soon. This box will run Linux. Is there a
 > version of mprime for AMD64?
 >
 > Thanks,
 > Yann

Hello,

there are at least 2 optimized clients in development. Although the
currently available ones work better on AMD64 CPUs than on an Athlon XP
per clock, there are still possibilities to speed them up. But that
means a lot of work or even totally new software. So they won't be
available in the next weeks. I'll write another message with details
about my current findings.

Matthias