On 07/15/2011 02:59 PM, Pekka Paalanen wrote:
On Fri, 15 Jul 2011 12:22:41 -0600
Brian Paul<bri...@vmware.com>  wrote:

On 07/15/2011 10:07 AM, Dave Airlie wrote:
On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 4:10 AM, Brian
Paul<brian.e.p...@gmail.com>   wrote:

The map-texture-image-v4 branch that I just pushed implements
this change.  It really cleaned things up for the better and
will lead to a few more follow-on improvements.

There's no obvious regressions with swrast or the gallium
drivers.  I updated the intel driver code and tested i915 and
it seems OK too, but I didn't do a full piglit run on it.  I
also updated the legacy r600 driver in case anyone cares but
didn't do any testing of it.

I didn't update any of the other legacy DRI drivers.  Would
anyone object if we simply stop building mach64, r128,
unichrome, sis, etc? I'd be happy to remove those drivers
altogether for that matter.

we could EOL those in 7.11, and if anyone wants to ship them,
they can just build 7.11 for them.

Sounds good to me.  I think we'd only keep the swrast, intel and
maybe r300/r600 drivers.  Opinions?

Um, don't kill nouveau_vieux, please.

Does the old nouveau driver support some GPUs that the gallium nv50/nvc0 drivers don't support?

If we want to keep the older driver someone will need to volunteer to update the code to support the new driver hooks.

-Brian